Elegant, PC-friendly interface mod with many advanced features.
SkyUI is an elegant, PC-friendly UI mod for Skyrim with many advanced features. All improvements seamlessly integrate with the style of the original interface. Version 5 includes better crafting, enchanting, alchemy and smithing menus and several other enhancements.
Core team: snakster, Mardoxx
- Convenient inventory management with a feature-rich panel that supports full-text search, sorting and extended data columns.
- Version 5 extends this to all menus, including crafting, enchanting, alchemy and smithing.
- A powerful, categorized favorites menu that still keeps true to the original idea of a fast, non-intrusive way to access your essential items. Eight customizable hotkey groups allow to explore playstyles that were way too tedious before.
- The Mod Configuration Menu (MCM) to support user-friendly in-game customization. It’s not just used by SkyUI, but by hundreds of other mods as well.
- Full-text search and highlighting of discovered locations on the map.
- Active effects are displayed directly in the HUD, instead of having to constantly open the magic menu. Highly customizable.
- Gamepad support, and intuitive and efficient keyboard navigation.
- Multi-language support for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Czech and Japanese.
STEP 1: Install the Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE)
STEP 2: Install SkyUI
Option B – Manual Installation
– Locate the Data/ folder in your Skyrim installation directory. Typically it’s found at Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/Data/.
– Extract the contents of the downloaded archive file to your Data/ folder.
– In the Skyrim Launcher, select Data Files and enable SkyUI.esp.
-T3T, for creating the initial icon set that was used in earlier versions.
-ianpatt, for his continued support of SKSE.
-Kratos, for helping to get the project off ground when we started.
-Verteiron, for prototyping the Papyrus script for the favorites menu.
-behippo and PurpleLunchBox, for their SKSE contributions.
-Gibbed, for prototyping the inventory data extension and container categorization.
-GreatClone, for his set of category icons that was used in earlier versions.
-MisterPete, for coming up with a scheme for improved column sorting.
-Gopher, for helping with the NMM installer and promoting SkyUI on his YouTube channel.
-Indie, for creating our first trailer.
-Lojack, for improving integration with Wyre Bash.
-Ismelda, for providing config values for very high resolutions used with multi-monitor setups.
-Wakeupbrandon, for inspiring the development of this mod with his mockups.
-Pelinor, for originally developing MCM for Fallout: New Vegas and allowing us to use his logo.
-cdcooley, for going out of his way to answer user questions on the Nexus sites.
-Thanks to all testers and users who provided feedback. You helped us a great deal with improving the quality of this mod. Also thanks to everyone who helped with the translations.